Educators will establish basic understandings of gender diversity and approaches for applying them to their professional practice. This training takes participants through a review of basic gender concepts and terminology, and uses both presentation and group discussion to determine concrete methods for applying the lens of gender diversity to school practices. This training is most appropriate for educators in a middle & high school setting. (CTLE Credits: 3)
** Please note: this will be a live, virtual workshop **
By the end of the training, participants will:
- Have a basic understanding of key gender concepts and terminology
- Apply concepts of gender to teacher and institutional practices
- Feel supported in working with students, parents and colleagues
- Be able to implement gender inclusive practices in their classrooms, school or district
Trainer: Gender Spectrum
Change Agents is a Brooklyn Public Library initiative modeling empathy, inclusiveness, mutual respect, and understanding for the benefit of NYC youth. The Change Agents Educator Series is a series of free professional development workshops designed and curated for K-12 educators and librarians working with youth in diverse schools, institutions, and libraries.
Brooklyn Public Library workshops for educators qualify towards the New York State Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) credit 100 hour requirement.
The Change Agents Educator Series is made possible by a generous gift from Paula Silver.
- Gender Inclusive Books for Young Adults