Are you being rewarded for your talent?
Brooklyn Public Library, SCORE NYC, and WE NYC – an initiative of the Department of Small Business Services - have designed a FREE mini-conference to help sharpen your business skills, expand your networks and develop the tools needed to thrive in the creative economy.
Keynote: Creating a Purposeful & Profitable Business
Speaker: Justine Clay, business coach for creative entrepreneurs and freelancers
- Lara Kisielewska – President, Graphic Artists Guild, and founder of graphic design firm, Optimum Design & Consulting
- Brendan Gilmartin - Founder of publicity firm, Chart Room Media
- Renita Biddle - Founder of fashion brand Cherubim+RMB
- Judy Cai - Senior Program Officer of NYFA Learning at the New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA)
- Alternative Funding for Creative Entrepreneurs
- Launching a Successful Etsy Shop
Small Group Discussion Topics moderated by mentors from SCORE NYC and WE NYC:
- Pricing Correctly and Getting Paid
- Increase Your Productivity and Get More Done
- Creative Marketing Strategies on a Limited Budget
- Differentiate Yourself and Your Business
- Managing Clients and Their Expectations
SCORE mentors will be providing one-on-one mentoring with attendees while slots are available: sign up on arrival.
Programming: 12:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Networking Hour: 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
*Childcare will also be provided for pre-registered and confirmed attendees*
BPL’s Business & Career Center is generously supported by Dime Community Bank, Lead Funder of the PowerUP! Business Plan Competition, women.nyc, Dr. Beverly S. Jacobs, Ridgewood Savings Bank, Con Edison, ReferenceUSA, Elizabeth Crowell & Robert Wilson and Signature Bank.