Join Brooklyn Queen's Land Trust (BQLT) a gardener-led, non-profit organization that was founded in 2004 to preserve open green spaces in Brooklyn and Queens in partnership with New York City Department of Health as they present the Community Garden Rat Academy.
Learn techniques for safely and effectively preventing rats from colonizing your community garden and how to address rat existing problems:
• The subtle signs of rat inhabitation to look for
• The importance of trash management
• How to make your garden unattractive to rats
• Exclusion methods for keep rats from entering your garden
• Proper trapping and baiting practice
Sponsored by Brooklyn Public Library’s Services for Older Adults Department.