Today's class: Photography for Kids!
Red Hook residents are invited to explore digital art and technology with artist Amanda Gutierrez and the Brooklyn Arts Council.
In this class, you will:
- Share your Stories - Talk and share your own stories about Red Hook, the surroundings, and beyond
- Make Artwork - We are going to do mapping, photography, animations, and videos of your experiences living in the neighborhood
- Walking to Places - We will organize walks with participants around special places in the neighborhood
- Digital Media Making - We will record our experiences through sounds, photos, maps, animations of our walks
Dates and class schedule:
- Photo class for KIDS: Wednesdays, 4-5pm (May 15, then June 5-19; plus one Saturday, May 18, 2pm)
- Art and Tech class for TEENS: Thursdays, 6-7pm (May 16-June 20; n.b. May 16 will be from 5-6pm)
- Walks for FAMILIES: Saturdays (June 1-22, meet at Library; minors must be with an adult)
This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs.