Finding Aid File
Brooklyn Public Library - Brooklyn Collection
Guide to the Captain Freeman H. Smith Family Letters, BCMS.0014
Table of Contents
- Brooklyn Public Library - Brooklyn Collection
- Captain Freeman H. Smith Family Letters
- 0.027 Cubic feet , 1 folder
- Brooklyn Collection Annex, Shelf 3.2. Collection is housed in same box as BCMS 0021, the Letters of James W. Vanderhoef.
- Captain Freeman H. Smith was a whaler who died at sea in 1855. This collection consists of correspondence between his widow Agnes and son Arthur to Joseph Wickham Case, who administered his estate.
- This collection should be cited as The Captain Freeman H. Smith Family Letters, Brooklyn Public Library – Brooklyn Collection.
Click here for a printable PDF version of this finding aid.
Scope and Content
Eleven letters from Agnes and Arthur Smith to Joseph Wickham Case, who administered the estate of Captain Freeman H. Smith, a whaler who died at sea in 1855. The letters date from 1863 to 1865 and are stored in one folder.
The letters are arranged chronologically within the folder.
Brooklyn Public Library - Brooklyn Collection10 Grand Army Plaza
Brooklyn, NY, 11238
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Purchased from Brian Merlis, March 1, 2013.
Controlled Access Headings
- Smith, Captain Freeman H. Family