Finding Aid File
Brooklyn Public Library - Brooklyn Collection
Guide to the Brooklyn Badges Collection, BCMS.0038
Table of Contents
- Brooklyn Public Library - Brooklyn Collection
- Brooklyn Jockey Club.
- Kings County (N.Y.) Sheriff.
- New York (City). Municipal Court.
- Brooklyn Badges Collection
- 0.5 Linear feet , 1 small box.
- Brooklyn Collection Morgue, Shelf 21.2
- Three badges worn by officials of Brooklyn institutions.
- This collection should be cited as the Brooklyn Badges Collection, Brooklyn Public Library – Brooklyn Collection.
Click here for a printable PDF version of this finding aid.
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of three metal badges.
The badges are arranged in alphabetical order by the names of the institutions for which they were created.
Brooklyn Public Library - Brooklyn Collection , 201810 Grand Army Plaza
Brooklyn, NY, 11238
Collection is located in the Brooklyn Collection at the Central Branch at Grand Army Plaza. The collection may only be used in the library and is not available through interlibrary loan. Requests to view the collection must be made at least 48 hours in advance of visit.
While many items in the Brooklyn Collection are unrestricted, we do not own reproduction rights to all materials. Be aware of the several kinds of rights that might apply: copyright, licensing and trademarks. The researcher assumes all responsibility for copyright questions.
Donated to the Brooklyn Collection by Art Sinai in 2018 following an exhibition of his badge collection titled "Badges of Honor: Brooklyn's Protectors."
Controlled Access Headings
- Flagg, Lewis S., Jr., Municipal Court Justice
- Sinai, Art
Brooklyn Jockey Club Patrol, No. 40
Kings County Sheriff, Special Deputy , 1898-1899
New York City Municipal Court, Justice Lewis S. Flagg, Jr.