Greet Library Users
The Central Library Welcome Center is the first stop for people who want to understand the Library's many offerings. As a Welcome Ambassador, you'll enhance our service by greeting visitors and providing directions and assistance.
- Meet and greet visitors at the Central Library Welcome Center.
- Provide general information about amenities the library offers, directing library users to various divisions, change machines, copy machines, telephones, restrooms, eating areas, and other services within the building.
- Give users a floor plan and/or call number locations within the building.
- Direct users to other major institutions when appropriate, including BPL libraries, banks, and restaurants in Brooklyn.
- Distribute select printed material regarding the history of BPL, BPL policies, and programs.
- Excellent communications skills.
- A friendly and approachable manner, and an ability to get along with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of Brooklyn, especially MTA trains and buses, locations, and directions.
- Knowledge of languages other than English, a plus.
- Training is provided.
- Volunteers are asked to make a minimum commitment of two to three hours per week, for a period of at least six months; availability on weekends a plus.
How to Apply
Complete an Online Application