Resume and Career Help
Job and Career Related E-Resources at BPL
- Career Cruising: An interactive career guidance resource in English and in Spanish. Users can find help with occupational assessment, career exploration, educational planning, and portfolio development. (Available anywhere with an Internet connection and a library card.)
- Learning Express Library: Test prep material and practice exams for the GRE, SAT, graduate school, civil service, technical and professional exams. (Available anywhere with an Internet connection and a library card.)
- Lynda.com: An online learning site that hosts a constantly growing library of over 3,000 courses that include over 130,000 videos. Courses cover a variety of topics and software that can help you pursue personal and professional goals. (Available anywhere with an Internet connection and a library card.)
- Metrix Learning System: An online learning platform with course offerings in IT, desktop computing, project management, accounting and human resources, and home health care. (One-time onsite registration at select BPL locations is required. Search keyword 'metrix' in our online events calendar to find upcoming information sessions.)
Need help with your resume or job searching skills? Meet with library staff to
- Get guidance on job hunting.
- Review your resume.
- Get tips on interviewing.
- Explore library resources.
- Discuss next steps towards achieving your career goals.
These one-on-one sessions are free and available at these branch libraries:
- Bay Ridge
- Central - Business & Career Center
- Eastern Parkway
- Jamaica Bay
- New Lots
- Red Hook
- Stone Avenue*
- Washington Irving*
Call branch or check events calendar to confirm days and times.
*New York City Connected Communities (NYC-CC) branch with laptops available for up to two-hour sessions in the library, allowing you extra time to work on your resume, search job boards, update your LinkedIn profile, and more.
- Connect with outside agencies who offer training and job placement.
- Learn more about the industries in which you want to work.
Signing up for Resume and Career Help is not an application for employment at Brooklyn Public Library. Visit our Career Opportunities page to view our current job openings.