Events and Services
BPL offers several services specifically for school age children and teens, including:
- The Child's Place for Children With Special Needs: At Brooklyn Public Library, there's a place where all children can relax, play and have fun. We provide unique programs for children and teens with and without disabilities. If you have concerns about the special education needs of your students, call the Child's Place for Children with Special Needs at 718.253.4948.
- Brooklyn Public Library's colorful Kidsmobile, a children's library on wheels, is busy at schools, daycare centers, Headstart, afterschool programs and community events. Click here to schedule a Kidsmobile visit to your school.
- Volunteer Opportunities: The Brooklyn Public Library offers wide range of volunteer opportunities for teens from Computer Coaches to T4 (Today's Teens Tomorrow's Techies) volunteers and Book Buddies. Teens can gain important life and work skills and build confidence as they offer meaningful contributions to their communities and serve as role models to peers and younger children all while earning community service credit for school.
- Brooklyn Connections: Brooklyn Connections is a FREE Research Project program for 7th and 8th grade classes in Brooklyn. Students learn about local history and develop skills while exploring the original resources held in the Brooklyn Collection.
- Williamsburgh Tutoring/Superhero Annex: BPL and 826NYC provide trained tutors to work one on one with students on a first come, first served basis. For students from kindergarten to 12th grade, Mondays-Thursdays from 3:00-5:30 PM at Williamsburgh Library.
Check out our events calendar for other events and services, including after-school homework help programs.
Sign up for BPL's e-newsletters to read about the latest programs, events and resources at BPL.