Caribbean Literary and Cultural Center
Celebrating Caribbean Culture
22 Linden Boulevard
Brooklyn, NY 11226
See events for CCLC!
- Preserve and present the histories and cultures of the peoples of the Caribbean
- Increase public awareness and promote intercultural understanding and dialogue
- Provide a meeting place for discussion and debate, community planning, exhibitions, art education, business education, consumer education, cultural programs and special events
- Assist Caribbean immigrants in adjusting to and navigating their new homeland
- Enrich the lives of all residents in the Borough of Brooklyn
1994 - The library was approached about using the second floor of the Flatbush branch as an artist gallery with the goal of displaying the works of emerging Caribbean artists and also providing this artistic community with a meeting place.
1995- The Library began exploring the feasibility of designing specialized outreach programs and services that supported specific needs observed in the community that the branch library served The 2 ideas were merged to form The Caribbean Literary and Cultural Center, a specialized outreach model.
This collection will represent the entire Caribbean area: Anglo, Franco / Haitian Creole, Hispanic, East Indian and Dutch
- Art exhibitions
- A regular schedule of programs for all ages
- Author, artist talks and book discussions
- A creative arts workshop
- Musical performances