About Brower Park Library

Welcome to Brower Park Branch, August 2000 Exterior View, August 2000 Staff Photo, August 2000 Interior, Learning to Read, August 2000 Technology Available to Public, August 2000 Brower Park, Exterior, Feb 1966 Exterior, c.1970s Bi-Lingual School Program, Dec 1971
Branch History

Brower Park Library is named for George V. Brower, who was Brooklyn Park Commissioner in 1890 and the chairman of the Brooklyn Tree Planting and Fountain Society.

Located in the heart of Crown Heights, it features an open floorplan of 7,000-square-feet with room for more than 20,000 books. Patrons love Brower Park’s welcoming staff, and the branch is a popular destination for local children, especially after school and over the summer.

Nearby attractions and places to visit include Weeksville, a museum exploring the history of a 19th-century African American community in Brooklyn. The Bergen Street Community Garden, located at 1100 Bergen Street, and the Brooklyn Children’s Museum are also popular destinations.

Did you know?

Built under the Beame plan and opened on July 30, 1963, Brower Park was the first branch added to the northern half of Brooklyn in forty years.