Workforce1 Career Centers
Over the years, Brooklyn Public Library has become an integral part of the workforce development ecosystem in New York City and is committed to supporting the City's vision for serving jobseekers. To best support the goals of the Workforce1 system and to serve New Yorkers as effectively and efficiently as possible, the Department of Small Business Services (SBS) in partnership with the Brooklyn Public Library system will be modifying its service model at the Central Library Workforce1 and has closed services at the Sunset Park Library Workforce1. SBS will continue to work with libraries to develop new service models and new locations throughout the city.
- Services at the Central Library Workforce1 Center are being modified so that the Department of Small Business Services can best focus investments in the Workforce1 Career Center system to effectively serve the greatest number of jobseekers.
- From October 14th, the Central Library Workforce1 has been closed for a change in programming. It will reopen beginning during the week of October 26th solely focused on recruitment events scheduled each week. Screening interviews will be held for a set number of opportunities at each event and only those jobseekers interested in those opportunities, available to work immediately and prepared to interview with an employer should attend these events. Fliers with details about the events will be distributed before scheduled events.
- Patrons who were previously referred to interviews from either site should follow up at the Brooklyn Workforce1 Center located at 9 Bond Street. Please let the front desk know you were a customer at Central Library or Sunset Park and need to speak with an account manager.
- The nearest Workforce1 center is located at 9 Bond Street in Downtown Brooklyn. This center can be easily accessed by taking the R,B, and Q trains to Dekalb Avenue, the 2,3,4, and 5 trains to Nevins Street, or the A,C, or G train to Hoyt Schmerhorn.
- If patrons have a Membership Card they can access services at any of the other 16 Career Centers located in all five boroughs.
- If patrons are interested in seeing what events are available at other centers, please refer them to Workforce1's website for more information. Patrons can visit the Recruitment and Job Opportunities page at http://www.nyc.gov/html/sbs/wf1/html/job/job.shtml.
- Patrons can visit a center’s website for information about hours of operation, services offered and Recruitment Events: Workforce1Brooklyn@grantassociatesinc.com
- For further information patrons can:
Call (718) 246-5219
Visit www.nyc.gov/workforce1 for more information.
Walk in to the Workforce1 center is located at 9 Bond Street in Downtown Brooklyn
For Job Readiness Preparation at BPL
In addition to our print collection and resources on all aspects of the job search process, many BPL locations offer regular resume writing and interviewing workshops. For more information on these events, visit our online calendar.
Patrons can contact BPL librarians for help to become job ready at Resume and Career Help locations. Librarians meet patrons one on one to help with resume, interview preparation, and the job search among other things. Visit our Resume and Career Help page for more information.
Patrons can also visit Connected Communities libraries where they will not only find one on one job readiness help but also other support such as a laptop loan to use for a job search. Visit the Laptops, Workshops & Job Readiness page for more information.