Passport Acceptance Agent (Part-Time)
Locations: Central Library, Kings Highway & Arlington Branches
Brooklyn Public Library is seeking a part-time Passport Acceptance Agent to work in the Passport Offices located at Central Library, Kings Highway & Arlington branches. These offices are designated by the State Department to accept and pre-process passport applications. Agents are responsible for the review and intake of documents, forms and identification related to completing passport applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and process passport applications including verification of forms and required information
- Answer questions associated with the passport application process (in person and via the telephone)
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of complex administrative work
- Strong Organizational and Customer Service Skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Fluency in another language a plus
- Flexibility to work on different shifts including Saturdays and Sundays
In addition to the requirements listed above, applicants for this position must also meet the requirements outlined by the State Department:
- At least 18 years old.
- A U.S. citizen or U.S. national.
- Approved by the Department of State.
- Not presently on parole or probation related to any Federal, State or local convictions.
- Not presently under indictment for a Federal, State, or local felony, or a misdemeanor related to breach of trust or moral turpitude.
- Free of any Federal, State, or local felony convictions.
- Free of any Federal, State, or local misdemeanor convictions related to breach of trust or moral turpitude (i.e., embezzlement, document fraud, drug offense, or dishonesty carrying out a responsibility involving public trust).
- Uphold legal responsibilities as an Acceptance Agent, i.e., verifying that the passport applicant who personally appears and the identification and citizenship evidence presented are one-in-the-same; that the applicant took the oath and signed the application.
- Not participate in any relationship with another source nor delivering another service that could be perceived as a conflict-of-interest.
Hours for this position are 19 hours/week. The salary for this position is $12.50 per hour. Shifts vary based on location.
Interested and qualified applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate your preferred location in the subject of email.
Brooklyn Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer