Manager of Adult Programs
BPL is seeking a Manager of Adult Programs in the Programs & Exhibitions Department. The goal of the Programs & Exhibitions Department is to provide the people of Brooklyn with access to the finest in arts and culture programming, reflecting their rich diversity and dynamic spirit.
The Adult Programs Manager will organize, schedule, administer, and host arts and cultural programs in Central Library’s 189-seat Dweck Center auditorium, the front plaza and occasionally in some of BPL’s 58 branch locations. This individual will help to coordinate publicity and evaluate programs. This position reports to the Director of the Programs and Exhibitions Department.
- Develop high quality cultural and informational programs
- Develop relationships with publishing houses, local authors, musicians and other members of the NYC creative community
- Forge and maintain partnerships with local cultural organizations
- Be a key player in creating audience development strategies
- Manage the calendar of events
- Liaise with the marketing department for public relations and advertising
- Communicate technical needs of artists to AV crew in an accurate and timely manner
- Supervise data collection and evaluation systems
- Manage externally funded grants and insure proper reports
- Write contracts with program providers and manage budgets
- M.A. in liberal arts or M.L. S. preferred
- 5 years in public programming, with at least two years in a managerial position
- Background in literature and performing arts, humanities, and contemporary affairs
- Excellent public speaking and customer service skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Must be available to work nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Brooklyn Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. .