ACCESS NYC is a free service that helps you find out if you may qualify for over 30 City, State and Federal benefit programs, including:
- Head Start
- Universal Prekindergarten (UPK)
- New York State Unemployment Insurance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Health Insurance assistance
- Section 8 Housing Assistance
It only takes 5-20 minutes to screen for benefits you or your household may qualify for. You can take the screening anonymously, or create an account so that you can store and save relevant information.
The ACCESS NYC website also links to benefit applications webpages, lists the necessary documents for inclusion with your application, and lets you view and print PDF applications and other forms.
If you do not have home internet access, you can visit ACCESS NYC from any BPL public computer.