Recording Studio Tutorials
The Info Commons recording studio offers equipment and software for creating and editing audio and video projects. Info Commons staff cannot provide one-on-one assistance on demand in the recording studio, so we have compiled this list of helpful tutorials and guides to help get you started.
Please bring your own large-capacity (16 GB or more) drive to save your work to, as all the files you create using the recording studio iMac will be erased after logging out of your session. Please note that by default many drives are formatted for the Windows operating system. You may need to reformat your drive for Mac OS X in order to use it to store and work on multimedia projects. To do so, follow the instructions found here.
Warning: Reformatting a hard drive will completely erase all files. To begin, ensure that all wanted files are backed up or stored someplace else, such as on a personal computer, in an email account, or on a cloud drive. The library is not responsible for any files lost during the reformatting process.
Mbox Interactive View
Canon EOS Rebel T4i camera:
Introduction to Digital Photography from BRIC Arts (PDF)
Perception 420 microphone:
User Manual plus Tips and Tricks
Green Screen with iMovie 11:
- Using Green Screen Video in iMovie 11
- How to Make a Greenscreen on a Mac using iMovie
- Learn iMovie 11 - How to Use Green Screen Effects (video)
Green Screen with Final Cut Pro:
- How to Use Final Cut Pro to Do Green Screen and Chroma Key Editing
- Using Green Screen in Final Cut Pro X (video)
- Final Cut Pro X: Create a Chroma-key/Green Screen-key
The PSU Media Commons site is a great place to start for tech tutorials. You can search for tutorials by software, by equipment (e.g. microphone, camera) you want to use, or by platform (e.g. Mac, Windows, mobile).
Pro Tools Express:
- Avid Pro Tools Videos and Tutorials
- A Beginner's Guide to Pro Tools
- Pro Tools Tutorials For Beginners
Final Cut Pro X: